As we get ready for yet another Christmas, Tech Trends has been testing the latest cool technology for you.
New York Standard Watch
Aukey Bluetooth Receiver Wireless Audio Music Adapter
This neat little Aukey BR-C1 wireless Bluetooth music adapter comes with A2DP, Hands-Free Calling and a 3.5mm stereo jack is designed for both home and car audio systems. It is tiny and comes with all the required cables and was a doddle to set up. In my case I wanted a quick and easy way to play music from my phone or laptop straight to my stereo in the living room and this little gadget was just what I needed.The Aukey Bluetooth receiver looks good, functions well, and is reasonably priced Click To Tweet
I used some higher quality cables than those supplied and pumped up the volume with a little Iron Maiden, some Big Black Delta and then, for decency’s sake, a Bach Cello Concerto. The quality, I found, is really quite good considering the cost. Great price, good looks, easy setup and good sound, this gadget has earned a permanent spot in my Hi-Fi setup!
- Bluetooth receiver allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled devices to your existing wired home stereo systems, speakers, or headphones
- One button easy pairing with iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones, tablets, and computers in seconds and controlling the calls
- Double links: Connect two Bluetooth devices simultaneously; free to enjoy music or answer phone call from either of the two paired devices
- Supports hands-free calling with built-in microphone; 8 hours of talk and play time or up to 720 hours standby time
- Package Contents: AUKEY BR-C1 Bluetooth Receiver, 3.5mm Audio Cable, 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cable, Micro-USB Cable, User Manual, 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty and Friendly Customer Service
WiZ Connected Smart LED Lights
We get a lot of products to test here at Tech Trends, build your own Raspberry Pi Laptop Computers, 360 Cameras, Secure Hard Drives, Smart Watches and even the odd Lunch Box and – apart from the Lunch Box of course – it is very rare for a product to just work out of the box. I usually have to do a bit of fiddling, research online, read a pretty complex manual or at worst email the manufacturer for help but not with the WiZ connected LED lights. THEY JUST WORK! Read the full review here.The best thing about WiZ connected Smart LED Lights is that they work straight out of the box Click To Tweet
Aukey 20,000mAh Power Bank + Lightning Input
This portable charger is equipped with Lightning & Micro USB Inputs and 2 Outputs for Apple’s iPhone X/ 8/ Plus/ 7/ 6s, Samsung’s S8+/ S8 and iPads. I can attest that charging works very well with my Samsung S7 but it is not fast charging and a minor annoyance is that I have to push the start button to begin charging, it won’t auto start when plugged into a device.Aukey's 20,000mAh Power Bank might not be the best looking, but has big capacity Click To Tweet
However, for me the most important thing is capacity, as I am often on trains and planes for hours/days and the 20,000mAh on offer here is very satisfying, meaning I can relax about having the power I need on tap. It is not the most attractive power bank I have seen but is super sturdy feeling and will sit dutifully at the bottom of my bag doing what it does best, charging my phone! For the money this is an incredible bargain.
- 20000mAh Portable Battery – Fully charge your iPhone 7 Plus 4.5 times or a 9.7-inch iPad Pro 1.5 times
- Dual USB ports, combined 2.4A output – Simultaneously charge 2 iPads at max speed with more current. Use the same Lightning cable to charge your iOS device or Power Bank
- AiPower – Tuned to adaptively provide the safest maximum recharge rate for all your USB powered devices
- Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- Package Contents: AUKEY 20000mAh Power Bank, Micro USB Cable, User Manual, 24 Month Warranty
LELO Sona Cruise
This new LELO Sex Toy ‘Uses the Technology of Speakers and Gear-Shifts for the Ultimate Orgasm’. Well, that’s a promise!
Leading pleasure brand, LELO, recently launched a new sex toy that utilises an entirely unique sonic wave technology that, they claim, can induce orgasm in as little as 2 minutes. For a chap that is not unusual as women everywhere will sadly confirm but how does this work?The LELO Sona Cruise uses Gear-Shifts to deliver the ultimate orgasm Click To Tweet
There are two variations, the LELO SONA, and SONA Cruise, which features Cruise Control technology, akin to an automatic shift down on the gears as you drive uphill. LELO describes them as ‘sonic massagers’ since they create sonic waves instead of the conventional vibrations used by ‘standard’ sex toys. It’s similar to standing in front of a speaker in a club, and feeling the waves throughout your whole body, just a lot more targeted, Mmmmm. A normal vibrator has a whirring motor inside it that causes the entire body of the toy to rumble, and when you press that against sensitive parts, the nerve endings are directly massaged.
SONA’s premium variant, SONA Cruise, showcases even more impressive technology. Cruise Control is a feature that LELO invented to stabilise the sonic waves even under vigorous use.
“Vibrating motors offer a big, clumsy kind of massage when you think about it. It’s quite inefficient; a lot of the energy that you’d want to go into your most pleasurable areas is actually transmitted into your fingers and the casing of the sex toy, or converted into noise and heat and so on. There’s a lot of useful energy being converted and lost.” explained LELO Mechanical Engineering Director, Michael Duff
One of the most common complaints about sex toys, according to LELO, is that they drop power in use, as the motor struggles against resistance.
“Of course, we know that not everyone wants an immediate orgasm. For a lot of people, it’s about the journey as much as the destination. So SONA has a range of settings that means the user can find exactly the right sensation for them.” Michael Duff continued