Another cracking product from Aukey. A stylish & portable Bluetooth speaker with a classy sound.
The market is flooded with Wireless Bluetooth Speakers, from cheap and dreadful to staggeringly expensive and (in my experience) mediocre. The technology of Bluetooth has been widely criticised when used for audio as audiophiles like myself are harsh judges of quality but the implementation of Bluetooth 4.0 (as in this device), 4.2 and more recently 5 have seen these things improve.
The market is flooded with Wireless Bluetooth Speakers, from cheap and dreadful to staggeringly expensive and (in my experience) mediocre, but this one is special Click To Tweet
You will always get a better signal and better sound over a wired connection but these days some hardware manufacturers are ponying up and using good quality chips in their handsets and receivers, including speakers and headphones, meaning Bluetooth has become a widely accepted and convenient solution for wireless audio.
If asked to sum up Aukey’s products I would have to say ‘best bang for your buck’ is the phrase that comes to mind. They are invariably much better quality than the price suggests, solidly built, practical and reliable. In the case of this 16W, SK-S1 wireless Bluetooth speaker I can also add, attractive.The SK-S1 is also surprisingly solid for its small size and when you first pick it up gives off a feeling of quality and confidence Click To Tweet
There are some wacky and expensive-looking portable speakers out there but this one just looks smart and modern, blending equally well in my office, kitchen or garden. It is also surprisingly solid for its small size and when you first pick it up gives off a feeling of quality and confidence. The curved metal grills and the brushed steel top ooze a stylish simplicity and the silicone base promises to keep it clinging to any surface.
This Aukey Bluetooth Speaker will emit sound waves to neutralize the environmental noise and give you better sound Click To Tweet
You can expect 8-12 hours non-stop playback with built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery and the sound quality is really very good. When playing music, the SK-S1 collects environmental noise through the built-in microphone. After calculation by the built-in DSP chip, it will emit sound waves to neutralize the environmental noise and give you better sound. It also goes pretty loud and sound has a solid weight to it that makes it feel even louder, comfortably filling a room.
The speaker automatically connects to your paired device when switched on and six simple buttons control power, play, track skipping (nice touch), volume, and even calls via the built-in mic. I have only one complaint and it is not a big one, when turning on, connecting and providing notifications received on your attached device it is much too loud and jarring. Their alert volume does not seem to be at the same level as the music and the built-in sounds are also horrible and cheap. Of course, you only notice this every now and again but it is a niggle that bothers me.The speaker automatically connects to your paired device when switched on and six simple buttons control power, play, track skipping (nice touch), volume, and even calls via the built-in mic Click To Tweet
However, take a look at the price! £28.99 on Amazon in the UK is a steal and I can assure you it looks, feels and sounds like a speaker that costs many times that. Highly recommended!
- AWESOME STEREO SOUND: Dedicated DSP (digital signal processor) utilises MaxxBass technology which enhanced audio performance. And 16W dual-driver and dual passive radiators ensure full-bodied stereo delivers pumping bass and high volume
- EXTENDED PLAYTIME: It provides 8-12 hours non-stop playback with built-in 4000mAh high capacity rechargeable battery. Enjoy your music all week without charging based on average usage
- CSR AND A2DP: Equipped with the advanced technology Bluetooth 4.0 and A2DP ensures lossless CD-quality audio streaming and fast pairing, excellent connection stability for almost any Bluetooth-enabled devices at a range of up to 10m / 33ft. And it will automatically connect to the last paired device when switched on
- SIMPLE METAL DESIGN: The body of speaker incorporates aluminium and steel for excellent performance and durability. And Simple button layout for effortless audio playback control-play, skip tracks, adjust volume and take hands-free calls.
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: AUKEY SK-S1 Wireless Portable Speaker, Micro-USB Cable, 3.5mm Audio Cable, User Manual, 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty and Customer Service
Technology: BT4.0, A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥80dB
Power Input: DC 5V
Charging Time: 4 hours
Play Time: 8-12 hours
Battery Type: Li-Polymer (4000mAh)
Operating Range: Up to 10m / 33ft
Material: Aluminum Alloy, Steel, ABS, Silicone